Vegan protein-packed Bean Bolognese by Tessyloowhoo
- 1 medium sweet onion (chopped into ½ inch pieces)
- 1 medium green pepper (chopped into ½ inch pieces)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 package frozen vegan meatless ground beef substitute
- 2 cups of marinara sauce
- 1 can of whole peeled tomatoes (about 14.5oz can, drained)
- 1 can of Great Northern Beans (white beans about 15.8oz can, drained)
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and sauté the onion and garlic over medium heat. Add in the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste while cooking.
- Once the onions are clear mix in the chopped green pepper and cook for 10 minutes or until softened.
- Add in the vegan meat substitute and cook for another 10 minutes.
- While the meat mixture is cooking blend the whole peeled tomatoes in a food processor until smooth .
- Mix the pureed tomatoes, marinara, and beans into the skillet and simmer over medium-low heat for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve over whole wheat pasta or spaghetti squash. Makes about 6 cups.(in picture served with 1 cup of spaghetti squash)
Nutritional Content for 1 serving, about 1 cup (makes about 6 cups)
- Calories: 210
- Carbs: 31g
- Protein: 16g
- Sugar: 8g
- (for serving with spaghetti squash add 41 calories, 10g carbs,1 g of protein, and 4 sugars)
- live-like-no-ones-watching likes this
- icanbe-onlyme likes this
- dramatourgos likes this
- eat-train-love-repeat likes this
- rachelmariemeow likes this
- fairytales-et-nightmares likes this
- epiphanyandpiss likes this
- bridgetteshealthyfood reblogged this from tessyloowhoo
- wewillneverfaillll likes this
- robynrawr likes this
- cross--fire likes this
- tessyloowhoo posted this